Friday 4 September 2015

Service

I have decided to start with the Spiritual Attribute of Service. For me it was the most obvious one to start with because I have become the sort of person who copes with their illness by focussing outwards onto helping others.

Even before I got my illness I was comitted to helping people and I have done so in various ways for over 30 years.

Of course with the onset of Fibromyalgia I had to focus on myself so that I could function on a daily basis. I chose not to go down the path of prescription medication and so began a journey through natural therapies. The Internet and my Fibro savvy Chiropractor Dennis brought me to a point where I can have a reasonable quality of life. It is not the quality of physical life that I would have if I did not have this illness though. Because I have organised my life so that I can live within the limitations of my illness I don't feel limited unless I am forced outside those limits.

Once I got myself in order I realised how many Fibro sufferers were having a much harder time than me. I felt I had to  try to do something. Initially a friend and I started a Facebook Page for Fibromyalgia in our local area. It slowly grew in numbers and I felt well enough to organise a monthly get together. We are in the early days of this now and I hope that it can grow and that those of us who are well enough can make it something that is a true Service to our local community of Fibromyalgics.

Of course Fibromyalgia is not my sole Service focus. The Universe places many opportunities for Service in my path and I take them.


No comments:

Post a Comment